Thursday, November 26, 2009

Speaking of thankful...





So the lot has been cleared, and the footer has been set. I drove by the site today, and they've gotten the blocks and bricks ready to put around the foundation. I got a text from Troy (my contractor) last weekend saying that the guy who helped me pick out the bricks actually helped me pick out ones they didn't carry. Great! So I could either keep those and wait a week for them to get ordered or look online at a site he gave me to find some that were close to what I wanted. I chose the latter, which is good because they are already there and ready to be put up after the holiday. One more minor setback, but I'm sure it won't be the last. As Troy told me, "Welcome to house building!" haha!

In light of all that has happened, though, we continue to be grateful. We have wonderful friends and family who love us, Lilly's coughing is getting better (she has setbacks sometimes, but mostly it's gone), and we continue to be blessed in other areas of our lives. We've never been ones to save our thankfulness for the Thanksgiving season, but it does seem an appropriate time to post some things we are thankful for, not the least of which is the progress of our new home :)

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone! And don't get mauled tomorrow if you're going shopping-- making it home safely with limbs intact can be just one more thing among thousands to be thankful for ;p

1 comment:

  1. Blessings abound on this day on which we publicly acknowledge the things for which we are thankful each and every day!
    : )
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete