Saturday, May 16, 2009

Love is...

...going out into the rain--without being asked-- to get me cup of coffee because there is none in the house.

I wanted to post an update on Nanny Pat for everyone who is concerned and hasn't seen the updates on my other pages. She was at Summit, the doctors ran tests, and it seems that there is no permanent damage as a result of the stroke. They are concerned about some blockage in her neck, but they are giving her meds for that and will be keeping an eye on it. My mom and I were going to go sit with her today, but she gets to come home! My aunts will be taking her to her apartment in Manchester, where she will get some rest and have people over to hang out with her and keep her company. She loves to visit and be visited, so be sure to stop by when you can (did you like that, Nanny? I put in a plug for you ;p hehe).

On a side note, I would like to ask everyone to keep the Currah family in your thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc. They are having a tough time (as are all of us who know and love them) as a result of the unfair judgment against Frank in court this week. The story is long and involved if you don't know it, so instead of delving into details here, I'll just say that it is the opinion of lots of people that justice was certainly not served; instead ignorance, bias, and greed had the upper hand. Operation: Save Frank (as Stacy so aptly named it) has commenced. We're hoping he won't need a permanent place on anyone's prayer list, but keep him (and his family) there for a while. At least until our mission has been completed :)

I hope all of you moms had a great Mother's Day and were told how much you mean to your families. School is out in 2 weeks, and I can't wait! This will be the first year in several that I haven't worked all summer (though I couldn't resist a 2 hr/wk tutoring gig-- play money for the rest of my time off!), and I plan to thoroughly enjoy it. I don't have plans yet (except the cookout June 27-- DON'T FORGET), so I may just go whichever way the wind blows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment